Preparation for Marriage Checklist
God’s blessing upon your engagement! Just as you have a checklist of items needed to plan your wedding and receptions, you will also need a checklist of items to properly prepare for the Sacrament of Marriage within the Catholic Church. Please take the time to complete each of these steps. Doing so will ensure complete and meaningful formation.
- Give gratitude to God for the love that He has given to you as a couple. Pray together for His mercy and grace throughout your engagement. Attend Mass regularly.
- Either the bride or groom must be a registered, practicing member of St. Margaret Mary parish. If you are a member of another Catholic parish, a letter of parish membership and permission from your pastor is required.
- Please call the parish office at least six months in advance to schedule a meeting with our parish priest to complete the pre-nuptial questionnaire and reserve the wedding date on our church calendar.
- Please provide a copy of your Baptism certificate. Simply call the church where you were baptized and ask them to send the certificate to our Parish Office (439 Washington Ave, Neenah, WI 54956).
- Register to attend Part 1 and Part 11 of “A Marriage in the Lord” retreat. Please visit the website at marriageinthelord.org to register.
- Contact and meet with a married couple from the parish to complete your FOCCUS pre-marriage inventory. The parish office will assign a FOCCUS couple to you and provide you their contact information.
- Meet with our Director of Liturgy & Worship to discuss scripture readings, petitions and music for your wedding.
- Continue to grow in your faith, as a married couple, by being active members of your parish.
- The fee for the Sacrament of Marriage and the use of the church is $100, due upon confirmation of the wedding date. The fees for the music are separate and can be discussed with the Director of Liturgy & Worship.
- Weddings are scheduled on Saturdays at 1:30pm.
- Rehearsals are scheduled for the Friday before the wedding date starting at 5:00pm.
- Please bring your marriage license to the rehearsal. The wedding cannot take place without it!