Our Baptisms are a community celebration welcoming a person into our Catholic faith community. Baptism of infants and young children are celebrated at the weekend liturgy, either Saturday at the 5:00pm Mass or Sunday at 7:30am or 9:30am Masses. There are no baptisms scheduled during the Season of Advent and the Season of Lent. Registration for Baptism must be made two months prior to Baptism date.
Requirements for Baptism:
1. Parent(s) must be a registered, practicing member of St. Margaret Mary parish and are required to participate in the baptism preparation class. If you are not yet a registered member of St. Margaret Mary parish, you can sign up online. Please CLICK HERE.
2. Parents are to choose two godparents for your child. According to the Canon Law of the Catholic Church, they are to meet the following criteria:
- To be one male and one female
- Be at least 16 years old.
- At least one godparent must be an active, practicing Catholic who has received the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Must be living a life which befits the role to be undertaken.
- Not be under an imposed or declared canonical penalty.
- Not be the father or mother of the person to be baptized.
- If your godparents are not registered members of St. Margaret Mary parish, they will need to fill out a Baptismal Sponsor Commitment form and return to the parish office 2 weeks before the scheduled baptism.
1. Please fill out the Baptism Registration form to get started. You can print the form HERE or you can submit your information online using the form at the bottom .
3. Once you have filled out the Baptism Registration form and reviewed the documents, please call Beckett Mathews at the Parish Office at (920) 729-4560 to discuss the next steps and schedule a date for your baptism preparation class. Your baby's baptism is a time for celebration and joy. We want to help you plan and prepare for the baptism in the best possible way. Baptism preparation classes are held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month in the evenings at the church. Registration for classes is required by calling the Parish Office.
4. Once the baptism class is complete and all the necessary paperwork has been turned into the parish office, we can then schedule the baptism date.
Baptism for Children of School Age, Young Adults and Adults
Individuals will receive separate instruction in Catholic faith before they choose to be baptized. The length of instruction varies according to the age of the one seeking baptism.
Parents of school age children and young adults, and adults please contact the Amy Bolle at (920) 729-4562 x112 or [email protected] for more information.
BAPTISM REGISTRATION FORM