What is Alpha?
Alpha is a series of sessions exploring the Christian faith, typically run over twelve weeks. Each talk looks at a different question around faith and is designed to create conversation. Alpha is run all around the globe, and everyone is welcome.
Who's it for?
Alpha is for anyone who's curious. The talks are designed to encourage conversation and explore the basics of the Christian faith in a friendly, open and informal environment. No question is out of bounds and you are free to discuss as much or as little as you wish.
How does it work?
Alpha is twelve sessions and a day or weekend away in the middle. Each session includes, food, a short talk or video and a discussion at the end where you can share your thoughts. There's no pressure, no follow up and no charge.
For more information please click HERE to view the video "Alpha Catholic Context" to learn more about the Alpha program and hear testimonials from people who have participated.
If you would like to take part in the next session of Alpha, please complete the form below to register:
DATES FOR ALPHA WINTER 2019 SESSION:
- Wednesday, January 9 - 8:30AM to 10:30AM
- Wednesday, January 16 - 8:30AM to 10:30AM
- Wednesday, January 23 - 8:30AM to 10:30AM
- Wednesday, January 30 - 8:30AM to 10:30AM
- Wednesday, February 6- 8:30AM to 10:30AM
- Wednesday, February 13- 8:30AM to 10:30AM
- Wednesday, February 20- 8:30AM to 10:30AM
- Sunday, February 24th – Day Away – 9:30AM Mass through 7:00PM
- Wednesday, February 27- 8:30AM to 10:30AM
- Wednesday, March 6th – No Alpha (Ash Wednesday)
- Wednesday, March 13 - 8:30AM to 10:30AM
- Wednesday, March 20 - 8:30AM to 10:30AM
- March 27- No Alpha (Spring Break)
- April 3 - 8:30AM to 10:30AM
- April 10 - 8:30AM to 10:30AM (Alpha Celebration & Evaluation)
All meetings will take place in Friendship Hall at St. Margaret Mary parish. For more information please call Ellen at 920-729-4560.